[seqfan] seeking additional editors for the Journal of Integer Sequences

Jeffrey Shallit shallit at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 31 12:42:51 CEST 2016

The Journal of Integer Sequences
( https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/journals/JIS/ )
founded by Neil Sloane, is seeking some additional editors to help with
the large volume of submissions.

Why you should become an editor:
	-- you get to read interesting papers before they appear
	-- you provide a valuable service to the mathematical community
	-- you get to improve papers by suggesting changes, additional
citations to the literature, and so forth
	-- you get some stimulus for your own mathematical investigations
	-- you get a little status by adding yet another editorial board to your CV
	-- you indirectly support the OEIS

Members of the editorial board typically handle no more than 6 papers
per year.  Handling a paper involves skimming the paper, deciding if
it's worth refereeing, choosing referees, obtaining reports from the
referees, reading the reports, and making a recommendation to the
Editor-in-chief (me).

If you are interested in becoming a member of the editorial board, and
if you are current or emeritus faculty in a mathematical area at a
university, please send me your name and any additional information you
think might be helpful.  I am particularly interested in having some
women editors and some more editors outside North America.

Regards,

Jeffrey Shallit
Journal of Integer Sequences