[seqfan] Re: Erdős number

Daniel kimpire at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 09:14:32 CET 2016

The fifth term (n=4) would be particularly problematic.

Andrew Leaver-Fay has an Erdős number of 3, and cowrote www.nature.com/nature/journal/v466/n7307/full/nature09304.html. One of the other authors on that paper is "FoldIt Players".

Therefore, to get a full accounting of how many people have an Erdős number of 4, we'd need to find out exactly what the cutoff date was on data collected for the article, and find out exactly how many people played FoldIt prior to that date. I'm curious as to whether the authors have that precise number on hand - it would be fascinating.

My wife used to be a biologist, and her pointing me to this game but not trying it out herself was how I ended up with a lower Erdős number than hers.

Daniel