[seqfan] Another sequence idea: Year of n-th Millennium Prize

Felix Fröhlich felix.froe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 22:21:17 CET 2016

Dear Sequence Fans

here is another idea where I would like to confirm whether this would be
okay to submit or not before actually submitting it:

"Year of awarding of Millennium prize for the n-th solved Millennium prize
problem."

For more information about these problems, please see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Prize_Problems

The only term currently available is a(1) = 2010, since only one Millennium
prize has been awarded so far (for the solution of the Poincare
conjecture). I am aware some people do not really like one term sequences.
This is essentially a finite 7-term sequence.

I am generally of the opinion that a sequence should not be rejected just
because it is short (this does not mean, on the other hand, that I advocate
adding a sequence like, say, "Even prime numbers"). So I believe if a
sequence has only one term but is important, interesting or known to have
more terms, such sequences are generally worth of inclusion. (I think for
example that if the first Wall-Sun-Sun prime is found, that should be
accepted as a one-term sequence).

I believe the Millennium prize problems are an important list of open
mathematical problems of the 21st century and the sequence is worth of
inclusion in the OEIS, even if only one term is currently available.

And finally, yes, the sequence is essentially time-dependent, but in a way
such that a term does not change once established.

So, what do you all think? Should I submit the sequence?

Best regards
Felix