[seqfan] Re: Another sequence idea: Year of n-th Millennium Prize

Giovanni Resta giovanni.resta at iit.cnr.it
Wed Dec 14 16:46:41 CET 2016

On 12/12/2016 10:21 PM, Felix Fröhlich wrote:

> here is another idea where I would like to confirm whether this would be
> okay to submit or not before actually submitting it:
>
> "Year of awarding of Millennium prize for the n-th solved Millennium prize
> problem."

To be honest, I utterly despise all the sequences whose nature is not
strictly mathematic.

So, to summarize my reaction to your latest proposals: no seq. based on
Korean language, no seq. based on planetary data, no seq. based on Erdos
numbers, no seq.based on properties of OEIS itself, no seq. based on
years (prizes, programming languages, etc.).

Maybe I'm not a good judge, but I think OEIS should refrain from
becoming a receptacle of trivia and that the non-mathematical sequences
already in OEIS are enough.

Giovanni