[seqfan] Re: Measuring OEIS Sequences ?

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Mon Dec 19 21:26:10 CET 2016

Yes, I think it's reasonable to link to data repositories. Certainly many
existing sequences reference CODATA.

In the particular case of A038534 and A038533 you should probably include a
descriptive comment since the link may not otherwise be clear to readers.

If you'd like to write an article on the OEIS wiki, feel free.

I don't think there are any requirements on the precision for external data
sources. When the external source *is* the sequence, at the very least we
should not include digits which are entirely unknown. If a constant is
given as 1.234567(11) meaning a 1 standard deviation range from 1.234556 to
1.234578, only the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 should be given, certainly not the
6 or 7.

Charles Greathouse
Case Western Reserve University