[seqfan] Re: Generating the symmetric group with minimal products of involutions

Brad Klee bradklee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:41:26 CET 2016

Hi Richard,

These type of triangles can be made from any set of generators, as in the
following:

http://ptpb.pw/ZA4X

where I give the example of a triangle for { cyclic(n) & transpositions(n)
} in Out[3]; though, I suppose this triangle is less interesting than the
other two as the generator set is not as simple as transpositions or
involutions.

The difficult part is computing the terms above brute force limit.

It could be helpful to have the row lengths ( ? ) .

Thanks,

Brad