[seqfan] Black holes

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Sun Feb 21 22:58:14 CET 2016

I added two sequences (decimal expansions of constants) which are related
to rotating/Kerr black holes:
http://oeis.org/A268682
http://oeis.org/A268683

Unfortunately, I have no relevant background. If anyone has physics
expertise (even if not astrophysics/thermodynamics) I'd appreciate a glance
at these two to see if I've adequately explained the concepts. (I have
references to a standard (?) text from my uni's astronomy department and an
online overview, so I understand the material at least locally. Perhaps
other references would be useful.)

When I read about some nondimensional constant/probability/etc. in a
science book -- almost invariably rounded to a small number of decimal
places, 0 or 1 being most common -- I usually wonder where it comes from.
If it turns out to have a reasonable mathematical form I try to add it to
the OEIS. Other sequence with similar origins are A201488, A211074,
A214395, A219863, A230242, A242978, A245461, and A245494.

Charles Greathouse
Analyst/Programmer
Case Western Reserve University