[seqfan] Re: Smallest prime with a substring of exactly n zeros

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Sat Feb 20 00:29:30 CET 2016

Robert, that is very interesting.

I would now conjecture that the number of terms without all contiguous zeros
exceed those with them.  Undoubtedly a proof would be quite challenging.

It would also be interesting to see if any terms are have three or more
substrings of zeros.  My guess is yes (with first appearance at n much
larger than 900) for essentially the same reason as the initial question
about all contiguous zeros, but I don't have any real insight into the
matter beyond that.  In lieu of identifying any such term(s), does anyone
have any ideas about this?

Cheers,
Bob S
PS - just to make sure I'm understanding things, you do mean up to n=900,
all terms are either of the form a(n zeros)b , 1(n-k zeros)a(k zeros)b or
1(n zeros)ab??