[seqfan] Re: Announcement: 2015 John Riordan Prize awarded to Max. A. Alekseyev

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 16:52:10 CET 2016

Dear All,

I'm truly honored to receive this prize named after the great mathematician
John Riordan. In fact, his "Combinatorial Identities" is one of my favorite
books on combinatorics. As you know, I'm also very passionate about
contributing to the OEIS, although recently the academic and family duties
do not permit me to be as active in this respect as I was some years ago.
So this prize bears a personal connotation for me.
On the other hand, I feel somewhat sorry for "stealing" the prize from
other nominees, whose results--I'm sure--are of no less value for the OEIS
and the mathematics in general. So I encourage everybody to reflect these
results in the corresponding sequences and/or publish them as appropriate.

I personally thank Neil, the OEIS Foundation, and the Prize Committee for
starting this prize initiative, bringing additional publicity for the OEIS
and possibly attracting attention of researchers from outside the OEIS
community. I hope the Riordan Prize will be awarded on a regular basis in
future.

P.S. I've uploaded my laureate paper to arxiv.org, where it will be
publicly available early next week.

Regards,
Max