[seqfan] Re: Happy 3³+4³+5³+6³+7³+8³+9³

Ron Knott ron at ronknott.com
Sun Jan 31 16:17:13 CET 2016

(Apologies if this already arrived)

I searched OEIS with the single number 2016and got lots of series to look at.  I have put some of the
more interesting  number facts (more suitable for a general audience) and the  OEIS series containing them on a webpage:

http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Numbers/year2016.html

I have a question:
when I search for a single number in OEIS, such as 2016, does the searcher just use b-files?
If so will the search overlook a valid sequence if the number to find is bigger than the last in the b-file?
If it uses a different method then can I be sure it searches *all* in the OEIS database?

Ron Knott