[seqfan] OEIS attacked by spammers again

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:14:06 CEST 2016

To Seq Fans

Olivier, please re-post to the other list(s)

I just deleted 50 or so Quickbook pages created by "Rahul Singh"

I blocked "Rahul Singh" at once

The spammer has also submitted 20 or so new applications to register with
the OEIS.
One was from John Conway.  Another one used my own biography.

A sure sign is the mention of geneological research in the application.

But the fingerprint of his attacks keeps changing

Let me know if you see anything suspicious.

I am especially worried about malicious edits to sequences - please be very
careful
when approving edits.