[seqfan] Re: XronoMorph - Overlaid polygons and music

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Tue Jul 19 07:31:46 CEST 2016

Hi Charles,

I think the article may be wrong; the way it's worded suggests 3 overlapping
rhythms with any combination of 16 "taps" allowed for each rhythm; presuming
there are no repeated rhythms allowed (standard with polyrhythms) then we
have (2^16-1)*(2^15-1)*(2^14-1) ~ 35 trillion combinations.  I guess the
author sees this as divided by 2 (around 2^44 instead of 2^45) but I'm not
sure why.

Cheers,
Bob Selcoe