[seqfan] A203025

Frank Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Fri Jun 3 05:06:49 CEST 2016

There is a problem with this sequence, and I'm not sure which way to go with it.

https://oeis.org/A203025 is titled "Largest perfect power divisor of n. " Up until January 2012, that's what it was, and the comments still reflect that. However, at that time a Mathematica program was added which fits the definition "Largest proper prime power divisor of n, or 1 if n is square-free". The values in the sequence were changed to this definition, and a b-file added with this definition.

I guess I'm inclined to revert to the original values, junk that program, and replace the b-file. Any opinions on that? Should we then add the sequence which matches the current values, but with a correct name? If instead we keep the current values, should we then add the sequence as originally defined?

Note: the PARI program does appear to produce the originally defined sequence.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters