[seqfan] Re: A046790, A046791 obscure, need clarification

Vladimir Shevelev shevelev at bgu.ac.il
Mon Jun 13 10:56:20 CEST 2016

Dear SeqFan,

Recently we discussed A046790: "Positive numbers
divisible by 8 or by the square of an odd prime" having
many interesting equivalent definitions.
Here a special role plays prime 2.
In case, when a special role plays prime q, one can
consider the sequence: "Positive numbers n such that
if n divisible by q, then it divisible by q^3 or the square
of some  other prime, otherwise it divisible by k^2>=4,
such that k^2==1 (mod q)"
In case q=2 or 3 the "othewise" is equivalent to the
divisibility by the square of some other prime
and, therefore, the cases of divisibility and non-
divisibility of n by q are not separately considered.
There is two equivalent definitions:
a) Numbers n such that there is a smaller positive number
 j == n (mod q) such that sqrt(j*n) is integer.
b) Positive numbers n having a divisor k^2>=4 such that
 n == n/k^2 (mod q).
Thus we have 3 equivalent definitions, while 6 ones in case
q=2.  How to transform others?

Best regards,
Vladimir