[seqfan] Re: Contributing sequences with holes and infinities

Christian Stump christian.stump at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 19:53:08 CEST 2016

> As long as our knowledge of a particular sequence is ad hoc, the solution
> has to be ad hoc as well.

I think this is correct for sequences containing infinity, as these
are strictly speaking not integer sequences. A principal proposal for
placeholders of unknown values is the obvious "?" symbol. I agree that
this might be hard to actually make happen for technical reasons and
design decisions -- but I find that certainly better than not
submitting a sequence at all due to several missing small values.

Cheers, Christian