[seqfan] Administrator : sending email to the seqfan mailing list

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:57:32 CET 2016

Dear members,

If you have questions or are unsure about anything written below,
please write to me directly, not to the list.

The large number of spamming attempts on seqfan and other mailing lists
is a reason I have made a few changes to the parameters of the seqfan
mailing list.

>From a now on

    ONLY MAIL FROM SUBSCRIBED ADDRESSES WILL REACH SEQFAN

Previously, any mail sent to the mailing list by an unknown email address
was held in a queue for manual inspection.

It allowed me to catch

 - people sending mail from another address or system than the one they
subscribed from,

 - people having to send mail by a system adding/changing subdomains of
email addresses (as is often the case in some universities and
corporations),

 - people believing to be already subscribed, or wanting to subscribe, etc

 - people waking up a long time after their address was disabled for
bouncing or other technical reasons

 - one-time contributors and people forwarding to seqfan from other mailing
lists

>From now on, every mail sent to seqfan will have to match exactly a
subscribed address,

       ANY MAIL FROM A UNRECOGNISED ADDRESS
              WILL BE   **SILENTLY**   DISCARDED

    - no acknowledgement, no rejection or moderation notice.

                 ANY MAIL TOO LARGE (>70 Kb)
   OR  WITH AN UNAUTHORIZED ATTACHMENT (pdf, video, sound, ...)
              WILL BE   **SILENTLY**   DISCARDED

    - no acknowledgement, no rejection or moderation notice.

Multiple addresses
----
If you need to send email from several addresses, as some members already
do, this is easy.

Just send me or update the list of the addresses you want to use, telling
me the
one which should receive the posts (so that you receive things only one
time)

Post Acknowledgement
----
If you are not currently moderated and want to receive an acknowledgement
of each post, you can change the settings yourself or ask me to do it for
you.

Again : if you have questions or are unsure about anything, please write to
me
directly, not to the list.

With my best regards,

Olivier GERARD