[seqfan] The discriminator of a sequence

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue May 3 18:59:58 CEST 2016

Dear Seqfans,

Michel Marcus found a very nice paper on the arXiv that gives a new
transformation of sequences: you take a sequence a(n) and compute its
discriminator and you get a new sequence!

Sajed Haque, Jeffrey Shallit, Discriminators and k-Regular Sequences,
arXiv:1605.00092, 2016

It would be interesting to see what happens when this is applied to all our
favorite sequences.

They give a couple of examples (evil, odious numbers, etc.), but
I don't even know if their discriminators are in the OEIS (I didn't check)

They mention the OEIS, so I added it to the web page "Works Citing the
OEIS" on our wiki.

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com