[seqfan] Can a repunit be a Fibonacci number?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:45:24 CEST 2016

Sorting the base 10 digits of the Fibonacci numbers (A272918) does not
really seem to go against what we know about Benford's law and the
Fibonacci numbers. But if we sort the digits in descending order, it seems
that, aside from the trivial initial exceptions, no term will start with
the digit 1.

Of course a base 10 repunit is not the only kind of number that would allow
a Fibonacci number to be in this analogue to A272918. A Fibonacci number
that has only 1s and 0s would then become something like 111111111000 in
this sequence, but that seems unlikely as well.

Al

--
Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com