[seqfan] Re: The Ramanujan alpha, beta, and gamma series

Giovanni Resta g.resta at iit.cnr.it
Sun May 8 23:32:05 CEST 2016

On 05/08/2016 10:00 AM, Robert Munafo wrote:

> It works in Wolfram|Alpha but that's not the same as "Mathematica". Also,
> the recent advent of the "Wolfram Language" brand confuses me. If that
> really just another name for what we call "Mathematica program"? If so, i
> can move my %o fields to %t.

I've added the Mma programs. They are not exactly the same as your
version, because usually we expect that the programs produce the first
terms of the sequence, so a couple of additional instructions are needed
to clean up the series.

For what concerns Wolfram Alpha vs. Mma, there are surely some
differences. Imho the problem is that WA tries to "understand"
what the user asks, so it could accept also ill-formed instructions.
This could lead to ambiguities in the results.

Giovanni