[seqfan] Re: Can a repunit be a Fibonacci number?

Jack Brennen jfb at brennen.net
Fri May 13 19:23:58 CEST 2016

Even if you go to generalized base representations, there are only four
examples of Fibonacci numbers less than 10^15 that can be written using
three or more digits from [0,1] in any base:

13 == 111 base 3
21 == 111 base 4
144 == 100 base 12
4181 == 1001111 base 4

(Of course any number >= 3 can be written as 10 or 11 in an appropriate
base, which is why we add the restriction of three or more digits.)

So you have two very small GRU (generalized repunit) Fibonacci numbers,
a square Fibonacci number, and a single unclassified outlier.