[seqfan] Any SeqFans from Korea or fluent in the Korean language?

Felix Fröhlich felix.froe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:59:37 CET 2016

Dear SeqFans,

The Korean language appears to have two regularly used sets of names for
numbers: a Sino-Korean set of names and a native Korean set (see "Korean
numerals, Wikipedia"). I was thinking about the following two sequences:

1) Number of Hangul letters in Sino-Korean name of n.
2) Number of Hangul letters in in native Korean name of n.

But I am not really sure how to properly count the number of initials,
medials and finals in each number name (see "Hangul consonant and vowel
tables, Wikipedia").

1) appears to start 3, 2, 3, 2, 2, ???, because names are il, i, sam, sa,
o, ....
2) appears to start 4, 3, ???, because names are hana, dul, set net, ....

So, if there are any SeqFans from Korea or someone who speaks Korean and
they would like to help with those sequences, maybe we could add them to
the OEIS.

Best regards
Felix