[seqfan] Re: Symmetric groups

jean-paul allouche jean-paul.allouche at imj-prg.fr
Mon Nov 28 07:28:50 CET 2016

The same argument can be used for larger n's.
There is only one group of order pq where p
and q are two primes such that p < q and
q \notequiv 1 \bmod p (this is true more
generally for the groups of order n such that
n and \phi(n) are coprime, where \phi is the
Euler totient).

best
jp allouche

PS By the way there is a similar
interesting result about integers n
such that all groups of order n must
be abelian (see L. E. Dickson,
Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 6 (1905), 198–204).
I did not check (yet) whether the corresponding
sequence of integers is in the OEIS: I bet it is!