[seqfan] Re: Project: sequences obtained from Gaussian Integers via Penney's binary method of encoding?

Antti Karttunen antti.karttunen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 10:20:03 CEST 2016

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 6:16 AM,  <seqfan-request at list.seqfan.eu> wrote:

> Message: 26
> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 00:21:08 +0300
> From: Андрей Заболотский  <zabolotis at mail.ru>
> To: Sequence Fanatics Discussion list  <seqfan at list.seqfan.eu>
> Subject: [seqfan] Re: Project: sequences obtained from Gaussian
>         Integers via Penney's binary method of encoding?
>
> Now here is the script for negation and addition of Gaussian integers written in base i-1 with bit twiddling and all that:
> http://pastebin.com/uHJW13zf
> If anyone is interested in its developing, I can put it to Github.
> It can easily be rewritten in C, but I still used Python to avoid messing with overflows.
> I used the name "Khmelnik-Penney encoding" not only because Khmelnik's paper was published a bit earlier but also because he did a deep, general analysis of the codes of that kind and the related rules of arithmetics.

So, I suggest that the main Index-entry for this would be located under

https://oeis.org/wiki/Index_to_OEIS:_Section_Ga

as:

Gaussian integers, encoded with Khmelnik-Penney method (base i-1
expressed as binary vectors, "twindragon base"), sequences related to
:
(and this would have an anchor "gaussians_base_twindragon" for
example. The anchor-part is normally invisible in entries.)

and each entry would then have a link:

integers, encoded with Khmelnik-Penney method (base i-1)</a>

So it would be very easy to search for them (using the keywords
"khmelnik", "penney" or "twindragon"), even if not all sequences
having that link in their Link-section had yet been added under that
Index-section.

And also we should add a forward-link into:

https://oeis.org/wiki/Index_to_OEIS:_Section_Ba

base, i-1 , sequences related to : see Gaussian integers, encoded with
Khmelnik-Penney method, sequences related to

Any suggestions, improvements?

Best regards,

Antti