[seqfan] Re: Strong Law of Small Numbers and the "Sequence in Context".

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Mon Oct 17 02:37:29 CEST 2016

Often with computers we can compute enough terms of a sequence that the
chance of a match being coincidence is infinitesimal. But as in Brad's
example, there are mathematical reasons that sequences could be close
without being the same. Still, when I come across a conjecture I usually
code a quick test to see if there is numerical support (or counterexamples)
-- it's too easy with lots of cheap compute power today.

Charles Greathouse
Case Western Reserve University