[seqfan] Another planetary sequence

Felix Fröhlich felix.froe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 18:49:26 CEST 2016

Dear sequence fans

I thought about the following sequence:

Ratio of radius of n-th planet (under the current IAU-definition of planet)
from the Sun to mean radius of its largest natural satellite, rounded to
the nearest integer, or 0 if the planet has no natural satellite.

a(1)-a(8) are 0, 0, 4, 308, 27, 23, 32, 18

The true ratios are of course not integer values, but the terms give an
idea of how large the largest moons of the planets are compared to the
planets themselves (i.e. these values are still useful for comparison, even
when rounded to integers in my opinion). The closer the value is to 1, the
larger the largest moon is relative to its planet. The value for Earth's
moon is relatively small, meaning the Moon is large relative to Earth.

There are already a number of sequences related to the planets in the OEIS,
but I would like to hear the opinion of other contributors and/or some of
the editors before submitting this, mainly because I think the sequence
will likely be rejected.

It is probably a "dumb" sequence, not really mathematically significant,
but sometimes such sequences are still enjoyable.

Best regards
Felix