[seqfan] Re: A049310 (by way of moderator)

L. Edson Jeffery lejeffery2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 02:48:20 CEST 2016

Hello. In my original post for this thread

http://list.seqfan.eu/pipermail/seqfan/2016-August/016685.html

at the end of the note, I stated the conjectrure that

S(a,x)*S(b,x) = Sum_{k=0..min(a,b)} S(|a-b|+2k,x),
for any integers a>=0, b>=0 and any x, and I asked for a proof.
However, it turns out that Wolfdieter Lang had proved the conjecture
in a personal communication to me nearly two years ago. I have not
been feeling well during that time, and I simply forgot about that
communication. The proof is amazing and greatly appreciated. My
sincere apologies to Dr. Lang for the oversight on my part.

Ed Jeffery