[seqfan] Re: Number of non-selfintersecting polytetrahdra

Andrew Weimholt andrew.weimholt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 17:50:41 CEST 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 8:28 AM, Felix Fröhlich <felix.froe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear SeqFans
>
> I had the idea for the following sequence:
>
> Number of non-selfintersecting polytetrahedra with n cells such that any
> two such polytetrahedra with n cells remain invariant under rotations
> and/or reflections.
>
> From what I could determine, the sequence seems to start (with offset 1)
>
> 1, 1, 1, 3, 15
>
> Note that this differs from A276272.

It looks like the only difference is that A276272 considers chiral pairs as
two distinct solutions, while your proposed definition considers
reflections as equivalent.

Your sequence should then be 1, 1, 1, 3, 7 which is shown in the table on
the linked page http://userpages.monmouth.com/~colonel/polytets/index.html
in the column labeled "two-sided".

Andrew