[seqfan] Need small amount of help with Apery-like numbers

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 19:06:57 CEST 2017

Dear Seq Fans, Here is a small job that I could use help
with - won't take long, is interesting, and may lead to new sequences

If someone can help, please send me email and post a note here. (But
please be sure to actually do the job, in the past people have said
they would help but it never happened. I won't mention any names...)

The Apery numbers are A005259.  There are also 12 "Apery-like
sequences" which are listed in Tables 1 and 2 of the paper

Amita Malik and Armin Straub, Divisibility properties of sporadic
Apéry-like numbers, Research in Number Theory, 2016, 2:5;
https://doi.org/10.1007/s40993-016-0036-8
URL for free download is
https://resnumtheor.springeropen.com/articles/10.1007/s40993-016-0036-8

They give formulas for these 12 sequences, but they don't give the
A-numbers or the initial terms.  In fact they don't mention the OEIS
at all.

The job is to
- work out the 12 sequences and make a list of the 12 A-numbers
- add any missing ones to the OEIS
- Make a line that says:
"The 12 Apery-like sequences are A******, ******, ... "
and add this line to the cross-references section of the 12 sequences
and also to A005229
- add a reference to the Malik-Straub paper to the same 12 sequences.

Thanks!