[seqfan] Re: Are sequences like A015762 finite?

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Mon Aug 21 23:47:27 CEST 2017

With PARI/GP you can do

forfactored(n=1,10^8, if(sigma(n[2],4)%eulerphi(n[2])==0, print1(n[1]", ")))

to check up to 100 million in ~90 seconds thanks to the new forfactored
command.

If phi(n) was a random number around n, you'd expect the sequence to be
infinite. It's smaller than n (+) and like sigma_4, usually fairly smooth
(+), but sigma_4 and phi probably play poorly together at each prime (-).
If someone has a decent heuristic let me know.

Charles Greathouse
Case Western Reserve University