[seqfan] Re: In the vein of 103314

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Wed Dec 20 20:19:39 CET 2017

Sometimes, if a poster shows signs of criminal ill-consideration or sloppiness, it can be cute to call them on it.
But if a problem is correctly posed, or cumbersome details omitted for brevity, the Captain Obvious thing can be, well, irritating.
This from someone who, at one time, never missed the chance to apply a rapier wit to the slightest misstep.
These days, however, I tend to look for the meat on the plate.

That being said, regarding the original question

	a(n) = number of distinct sums of n nth roots of 1.

I find, starting at index 1:

	a = (1, 3, 10, 25, ...)

We certainly have

	a(n) == 1 (mod n).