[seqfan] Re: knight's distnaces

Frank Adams-Watters franktaw at netscape.net
Wed Dec 27 20:09:21 CET 2017

This is not directly to your question, but there is considerable literature on variant chess pieces, known generally as fairy chess pieces. We don't want to invent new names when others already exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_chess_piece

So your piece would be called a (2,3)-leaper or a zebra.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters