[seqfan] Re: When are stereoisomers counted in A000628?

Natan Consigli origami.experience at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 21:22:15 CET 2017

I think we all agree that the comment should be rephrased. I've came up
with something a little better but I still think there is a better way
describe the enumeration in question:

Steric (three-dimensional) trees can be represented with regular
(two-dimensional) trees provided that stereoisomers are then taken into
account: this means acting the group S_4 on the stereocenters (nodes with 4
different substituents) of each tree and counting all of the resulting
non-symmetric molecules.