[seqfan] Re: Please be polite and courteous

Charles Greathouse charles.greathouse at case.edu
Mon Jul 3 23:19:32 CEST 2017

As far as I can tell, all that's being discussed is renaming sequences,
which I don't find objectionable. We're not talking about removing all
sequences from X from the encyclopedia, just about renaming (some of) the
sequences from X to better match our sequence naming policy.

I wouldn't be opposed to a page tracking this sort of thing -- sunlight is
the best of disinfectants, as Brandeis famously said -- but we shouldn't
make more out of this than what it is, essentially an editorial function.

Charles Greathouse
Case Western Reserve University