[seqfan] 0,1,3,6,15,33,66,155,333,666

Peter Schonefeld peter.schonefeld at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 01:59:56 CEST 2017

Hi, I'd like to submit a sequence to OEIS, but don't have the skill needed
to describe this in the proper terms. The sequence
0,1,3,6,15,33,66,155,333,666... is the base 8 representation of the
sequence of binary numbers 0,01,011,0110,01101,011011.... A decimal version
of the sequence is at A033129, but I used the period [0,1,1] from the even
odd pattern of the Fibonacci sequence.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Also, I noticed that you can tell the position of every '6' number in the
sequence by counting the digits,multiplying by 3 and adding 1. Not sure if
this would be a common feature in integer sequences?

Thanks for your time,
Pete