[seqfan] Re: Puzzle sequence A288573

Hans Havermann gladhobo at bell.net
Wed Jun 28 20:48:01 CEST 2017

> About Smarandache and lots of other pseudonyms...

Is Florentin Smarandache a real person? Sure:

http://www.gallup.unm.edu/~smarandache/FlorentinSmarandache.htm

Is Florentin Smarandache a real mathematician? Perhaps not (but so what?):

https://www.reddit.com/r/math/comments/3bd1qh/is_florentin_smarandache_a_real_mathematician/

Does Florentin Smarandache engage in sock puppetry? In the absence of specific instances, I think that this is an unnecessary supposition. Folk (including real mathematicians) may reference him for one thing or another. Some may be more ardent followers. Marius Coman has a bio here:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Marius_Coman

Kenichiro Kashihara comes up for the 1996 book. Whatever its merit, I don't think he is a sock puppet. Coincidentally, he's in a small 1995 math thread featuring MathFun's Gareth McCaughan and SeqFan's Robert Israel: