[seqfan] Re: Name for a type of set needed

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Sat Mar 25 23:09:51 CET 2017

If you look at https://oeis.org/A284311/table you notice that there's an
in the data, leading to a value of 10 instead of 64.

IMHO it would be more natural to list the numbers with given prime factors
as rows, i.e., the transposed table, s.t. the first *column* would be
A005117 <https://oeis.org/A005117>,
in analogy with the similar oeis.org/A182944 <https://oeis.org/A182944> .

I don't know a name for the set of numbers which has a given squarefree
kernel (A007947), but one could simply say it's the inverse image
A007947^(-1) of that squarefree number.


On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 9:24 PM, Bob Selcoe <rselcoe at entouchonline.net>

> Hi Seqfans,
> I just proposed sequence A284311, titled: "Array T(n,k) read by
> antidiagonals: T(1,k) = squarefree numbers > 1 in ascending order
> (A005117(k)); columns are non-squarefree numbers (in ascending order) with
> the exact same prime factors as T(1,k)".
> So for example, Column 6 is the set whose members have prime factors
> {2,5}: {10, 20, 40, 50, 80, 100, 160, 200...}.
> Is there a standard name for such sets?
> Cheers,
> Bob Selcoe

More information about the SeqFan mailing list