[seqfan] Re: Is there a limit on number of terms that a b-file can contain?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 20:11:39 CET 2017

Although it's not really a concern for A000720, it should also be noted
that we have this guideline (almost a rule) that each line of a B-file
should have less than 1000 characters. You might be able to upload such a
file, but end users might experience glitches.

Here's a lot more information about B-files: http://oeis.org/wiki/B-file

Al

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 2:32 AM, Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> wrote:

> A million terms is too many for a b-file.
>
> For a file that big you should upload an "a-file".  The same format,
> but call it a000720.txt (say)
>
> There is also a limit on how large a file you can upload. 2 or 3 megs, IIRC
>
> Bureaucrats like myself can upload larger files
> Best regards
> Neil
>
> Neil J. A. Sloane, President, OEIS Foundation.
> Email: njasloane at gmail.com
>

> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 1:02 AM, Gaurav Verma <gvermaiitk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear SeqFans,
> >
> > I am a new member and I just made my first contribution to A000720 by
> > uploading a new b -file.  The python program that I wrote to generate the
> > b-file generated a .txt file with 1,000,000 entries but when I added it
> > the sequence, the MIN...,MAX was automatically updated to 1...823852. My
> > .txt file still contains terms 1 through 1,000,000 but the one that I
> > submitted (by uploading on the OEIS server), somehow has only 823,852
> > terms. Is this an expected behaviour?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gaurav Verma
> >
> > Undergraduate Student
> > Department of Electrical Engineering
> > Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK)
> > Uttar Pradesh, India
> >
> > --

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com