[seqfan] Re: Is there a limit on number of terms that a b-file can contain?

Giovanni Resta giovanni.resta at iit.cnr.it
Mon Mar 6 10:08:01 CET 2017

On 03/04/2017 07:02 AM, Gaurav Verma wrote:
> Dear SeqFans,
>
> I am a new member and I just made my first contribution to A000720 by
> uploading a new b -file.

In my humble opinion a b-file greater than 10,000 entries should
be a motivated exception.

In particular when the sequence, like A000720 = pi(n), the number of
primes <= n, is so easy and fast to compute.

I mean, we can compute the primes smaller than 10^6 in less time (say
0.03 seconds) we need to locate and download the file...

Giovanni Resta