[seqfan] Re: Number of touching points between unit circles in the optimal packing of circles in a circle

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 15:58:57 CET 2017

The Wikipedia page only say that the circumradius has been
proved to be optimal (for n <= 13 circles)
It does NOT say that the total number of contacts
is optimal.

It would seem to me to be equally interesting to maximize
the number of pairwise contacts (B.J. suggested
minimizing them).  We should probably have both
sequences - but only as far as they have been proved to be optimal.
Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com