[seqfan] Re: A new and stubborn "Yellowstone" sequence

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:37:08 CET 2017

Hans,  Here is the flaw in that argument.  When we
see a type I prime, say a(n) = p, after a(n-1) = x,
then gcd(x,p)=1.  If there were a smaller missing number than p,
we would use it instead of p provided it was relatively prime to x.
But that's the rub.

Say we are trying to prove that there are infinitely many powers of 3
in the sequence
(something I can't prove).  The sequence could block them
by preceding every large prime p by 3A, 3B.
Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com