[seqfan] Re: Is 4 a semi-Fibonacci number?

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Fri Mar 24 15:14:17 CET 2017

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 11:23 AM, <israel at math.ubc.ca> wrote:

> The least n for which any value occurs must be odd, since sF(n) = sF(n/2)
> for even n. So if you have ruled out sF(n) = 4 for odd n, it follows that 4
> can never occur.

This more or less settles the issue, but one could add that the odd indexed
terms are by their mere definition (a(2n+1)=a(2n)-a(2n-1)=a(2n-1)+a(n))
strictly increasing. Thus, that bissection (A030068) is also the range of
the sequence.
For completeness I tentatively submitted oeis.org/draft/A284282
<https://oeis.org/A284282> which yields the k such that sF(2k-1) = n, or 0
if n does not occur.
Setting nonzero values to 1, this is also a characteristic function of
A030068 (up to the offset).

- Maximilian

Cheers,