[seqfan] Re: New seq A284172 from David Sycamore looks interesting

Vladimir Shevelev shevelev at bgu.ac.il
Fri Mar 24 16:23:28 CET 2017

A fine structure!

In motivation of that, I submitted a simpler
sequence A284278. If to suppose that there
are only finite primes p such that 2p-1 is also
primes, then, by your result, there is a place
where A284172 would be generated by the
same  rule as A284278.

 It is well known that the problem of the
infinity of such primes is unsolved up to now.

Best regards,
Vladimir