[seqfan] Re: Name for a type of set needed

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Sat Mar 25 23:31:59 CET 2017

Hi Max,

> If you look at https://oeis.org/A284311/table you notice that there's an
> error
> in the data, leading to a value of 10 instead of 64.

Thanks for catching that.  I missed 7 in the data and it threw things off.

> IMHO it would be more natural to list the numbers with given prime factors
> as rows...

Perhaps, but at this point since it's published, I don't know if it's
appropriate to change it.  Would you suggest we still do so?

>I don't know a name for the set of numbers which has a given squarefree
> kernel (A007947), one could simply say it's the inverse image
> A007947^(-1) of that squarefree number.

I was thinking of a more generic name that possibly could be used outside of
OEIS, something *like* "squarefree kernel sets" (though perhaps there's a
better name) because it seems to me it's a quite useful concept that could
be applied in many ways - including analyzing "Yellowstone" type sequences
(e.g., A098550, A064413, A280864).  It seems like a standard name does not
exist.

Cheers,
Bob