[seqfan] Re: Name for a type of set needed

Bob Selcoe rselcoe at entouchonline.net
Mon Mar 27 14:26:01 CEST 2017

Hi Neil, Antii, and seqfans,

Antii - thanks for the insight, but still there's no name for these sets.  I
said before:

> So for example, Column 6 is the set whose members have prime factors
> {2,5}:
> {10, 20, 40, 50, 80, 100, 160, 200...}.
>
> Is there a standard name for such sets?

Maybe "squarefree root" sets?

Again, I think it's an important analytical tool so it's a bit surprising
that there doesn't appear to be a conventional name for it - after all, we
have "prime powers" for a given prime p, which is just a "squarefree root"
set with p as its "root".

Neil - I suppose this isn't really the forum to create new conventional
language to be used outside of OEIS, but is it OK to call them "squarefree
root" sets for the purpose of submitting the transpose of A284311? (I'll
submit it in between working on A280864 and my job, but should be fairly
soon).

Cheers,
Bob