[seqfan] Re: More about lex earliest cubefree 0,1 sequence

M. F. Hasler seqfan at hasler.fr
Sun May 21 02:13:35 CEST 2017

On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 12:55 AM, Neil Sloane wrote:

> Maximilian,  I thought that there was no proof that your algorithm works.

Yes that's true,
sorry if that was not clear in my previous post where I said:

 " *If* this never results in a maximal cubefree word...",
and  "It would be sufficient ... is never maximal."

I wanted to make precise where precisely the problem is located from
the point of view of that construction / algorithm.
Actually the critical points are where the length of the appended chunk equal 1:
here we have decreased S to a minimal length and my algorithm will
append w=[1], not without checking that this yields a cubefree word.
(Which always happens so far, somehow by miracle.)

Maximilian

PS2: Yes, when I said " I refer to the computed terms "
I really mean this : the result of my algorithm,
and not the sequence as it is "theoretically" defined,
which of course IS correct, there's nothing to show!