[seqfan] Proposal for a new keyword

Felix Fröhlich felix.froe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 20:09:29 CET 2017

Dear SeqFans,

I know I brought the topic of adding additional keywords to the OEIS up
once in the past, but here we go again. In my opinion, adding new keywords
to the OEIS should be done cautiously and sparsely, in order to avoid
"keyword clutter".

However, one keyword that I would like to see is a keyword like "conj" (or
whatever letter combination may be appropriate).

This keyword would be for sequences where the terms are only conjecturally
correct, but there is no proof so far. This would make finding such
sequences much easier and also make clear to any reader that the terms are
only conjectured.

How would this differ from keyword "unkn"? My understanding is that "unkn"
is for sequences where it is unclear what the original motivation or
definition of the sequence is. In contrast, if a sequence has keyword
"conj" it does not necessarily mean that the definition is unclear, but
that the terms are not rigorously proven.

Some examples where the keyword could be used:

A020497, A020665, A023108, A051021, A074981, A076335, A094004, A101036,
A118278, A134162, A216063, A226613, A226629, A236321, A237880, A293142

There are probably more examples. I do not know how difficult it would be
from a technical perspective to add a new keyword to the existing ones. Do
others, especially Neil, think this would be a useful addition?

Thanks for any feedback

Best regards
Felix