[seqfan] Humorous idea: Sloane number

Felix Fröhlich felix.froe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:20:45 CET 2017

Dear SeqFans,

some time ago I had a funny idea. Just as there is the Erdős number (for
definition, see Wikipedia) for measuring the collaborative distance of
authors of scientific papers with Paul Erdős, OEIS contributors could have
a "Sloane number". This would be defined as follows:

NJAS has a Sloane number of 0. Anyone else has a Sloane number of k + 1,
where k is the lowest Sloane number of any contributor with whom they have
co-submitted a sequence to the OEIS.

This is of course not meant to be taken seriously, but I thought I'd
mention it here, as other people might think its a funny idea (or perhaps
they don't).

Best regards
Felix