[seqfan] Re: "Graph" button gives wrong results with large numbers

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Mon Nov 20 17:17:15 CET 2017

Sounds like the good old IEEE-754 double's limits,
that are at exponents about +-307

If only logarithms are needed than a program
that reads the prefix (up to 15 decimal digits)
and uses the length L of the number
could, for plotting, return
log(number) = log(prefix) + log(L)/log(10)
(correct?).

Best regards,   jj

* Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> [Nov 20. 2017 17:05]: