[seqfan] Re: Proof For A269254

israel at math.ubc.ca israel at math.ubc.ca
Mon Oct 23 07:13:39 CEST 2017

In fact, if we know a sequence a(n) satisfies a linear recurrence of order
<= k, and another sequence b(n) satisfies a linear recurrence of order <=
m, then a(n) - b(n) satisfies a linear recurrence of order <= k*m. Thus if
the first k*m terms of a and b match, they must be equal. So if you have a
sequence that you know has order at most 6, and gfun finds a
constant-coefficient recurrence of order 2 that matches the first 12 terms,
you know that your sequence satisfies this.

Cheers,
Robert