[seqfan] Re: Can we create a workable taxonomy for classifying all the various kinds of sequences in the OEIS? - not manually

Veikko Pohjola veikko at nordem.fi
Sun Apr 8 21:39:50 CEST 2018

Yes, Mark Dion, young man, has realized from his perspective of arts when viewing the world (or nature or universe or reality - however we call it), that it is indivisible. My own way to put it is to say that every boundary we create violates the reality, its wholeness, and worst of all, tends to ruin our capability of holistic thinking. Boundaries are useful for simplifying complexity but they should be understood as fully permeable and transitory. Adequate ontology, as opposed to so called domain ontologies and taxonomies, are first of all for developing holistic thinking which is where wisdom and creativity stem from.

Best regards,
Veikko